Tuesday, February 23, 2010

Because people asked....


This came from the shop Soul Peaces, on Etsy. She doesn't specifically do babyloss jewellery as some do, but I think her pieces work beautifully for anyone who has lost a baby and wants to wear him or her close to their heart. I wear this locket with pride when I walk out my door.

I didn't even buy this myself, it was a gift. Purchased by a dear, thoughtful friend. Can you imagine how touched I was? All I had to do was email the creator the photos and the necklace was posted out to me. I wonder if the woman realised my dear, sweet Hope was dead? I wonder how painfully obvious it is to someone new looking at her photo. Or does she just look like a regular baby, just asleep?

Hard to know. All I know is she is beautiful, and I miss her so much it hurts. Some of the sunshine and gloss of my last post has worn off. I'm having a really rough few days. I wrote a very angsty post yesterday, but haven't hit publish yet, and I'm not sure I will. It will sound like a cry for help or a pity party, and I don't want that. My woes with caring for a newborn and grieving a baby who never was aren't new or specific to me. And they also don't stack up to the woes some other people are facing. So I'll keep it on the draft scrapheap for now.

I'm ok though. Ok as can be expected. Just sad still and terribly tired.

I hope you all like the locket.

28 comments:

  1. I love the locket. It is beautiful!! xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. It is beautiful! I'm glad you have it. I'm sorry you're feeling down too. Thinking of you.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love it, its georgous! Sorry your having a rough few days, I hope your feeling better soon! *HUGS*

    ReplyDelete
  4. It's beautiful Sal. Hope is beautiful.

    I'm sorry you're having a rough time of it Sal. I wish I could make it better.

    I think about Hope all the time.

    xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. thanks so much for the link and pictures!

    ReplyDelete
  6. the locket is beautiful, as is your sweet hope. beautiful, "peaceful, precious and perfect" as you say. I don't know what it is to have a newborn at home, but I do know that having a newborn is tiring, and grieving is tiring, so I can only imagine how tiring both could get to be and if you feel down, or sad, or overwhelmed, or tired, that's what you should write. i don't know what you are going through, but i can imagine and totally respect that though you rejoice in angus's life, your daughter is still missing and always will be and that void in your family where she should be just doesn't disappear. i am sorry you are having a rough patch of days. just know that you, your hubs, angus and hope, are in my thoughts for sunshine.
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. "I'm ok though. Ok as can be expected. Just sad still and terribly tired."
    I FULLY get that statement..how hard and confusing it is being Mom to a dead baby and mom to a newborn. I am 4 weeks into mothering a living baby and it has been an insane roller coaster, never cried so many tears of joy and grief all at once as I have in the past 4 weeks, and here I thought having another baby would fix everything...I ask my hubby, how do we know when it's PP depression and when it's just newborn exhaustion mixed with dead baby grief..Oy.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love your necklace, it's very beautiful. I have a necklace with my son's footprints on it, and I get asked about him all the time. Most of the time I can tell them he's passed away, but sometimes I just can't bring myself to do it- it's too hard to go through his whole story.

    And for what it's worth, Hope looks like she's sleeping.

    xo

    ReplyDelete
  9. That is stunningly beautiful. I have never seen anything like that before. Hope just looks like a beautiful sleeping baby. Thanks so much for sharing it and also sharing where it came from.

    ReplyDelete
  10. It's beautiful. Thanks for posting about it.

    Thinking of you...((HUGS)) I remember how difficult (understatement) the first few months were for me after my second daughter arrived. I never expected to be dealing with so much...re-grieving, exhausted, feeling like I "should" be happy as I now had a living baby...

    It took a while for things to turn around for me. Be kind with yourself.

    Hang in there...((HUGS)) again...

    ReplyDelete
  11. Absolutely beautiful. What a wonderful piece to own.

    Just saw the last post as well. Angus is absolutely precious. What a smile!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I love the locket! And I agree with the other ladies, I think Hope just looks like she's sleeping. Either way, she's gorgeous! I need to get something like that or something with her name. The necklace I wear is a heart that is made up of a mother & baby that my mom got me for mothers day last year when I was still pregnant with Mackenzie and I rarely take it off. I do have a picture of Mackenzie in a charm on my charm bracelet which is dear to me. I hope your locket helps you to share Hope!
    xo
    Ashley

    ReplyDelete
  13. Its beautiful.
    You are beautiful.
    She is beautiful and so is he.x

    I love you x

    ReplyDelete
  14. Wow, that is lovely!!

    I'm sorry you're feeling a bit down.. I hope things turn up soon!

    ReplyDelete
  15. It's so beautiful. What a lovely gesture from your friend.

    ReplyDelete
  16. It's stunning. Absolutely stunning. I would wear it with pride as well. I wish I had something like it.
    Thank you for sharing it.
    xxoo

    ReplyDelete
  17. It is quite perfect!

    Both of your babies together.

    xxx

    ReplyDelete
  18. ((hugs)) sorry you are having a rough time, the locket it beautiful! What a thoughtful gift from your friend!

    ReplyDelete
  19. beauteous

    and post away - what you are dealing with is what is supposed to go on your blog! besides, i need a heads up on all the crazy emotions i am sure hoping to have soon!

    and angst, man, i thought i was done with that after the teen years...

    ReplyDelete
  20. Beautiful, just like Hope is! Never feel that a post will seem like a "pity party" post; thats what blogs are for, to vent and release all the emotions you are feeling. I know I do it, even when it doesnt make sense, it helps me release it so I dont continue to harp on things... I totally can relate to grieving for your angel and then looking down and your perfect son and wishing his sister would be here to enjoy him with you... just remember that her memory is ALWAYS there in each step you take! Hope that things get better for you soon! *hugs from FL!*

    ReplyDelete
  21. I'm sorry you're having such a difficult time. It's so hard being a babyloss mama. The pain and sadness (and missing them) will never leave us, even as we bring their siblings into the world. much love to you.

    ReplyDelete
  22. Hello Hope's Mama,

    This locket is beautiful, what a special gift.

    I found your blog while searching for unique and helpful content about dealing with loss. I think you could benefit from sharing your personal story to an audience of people seeking information on dealing with loss. Wellsphere's HealthBlogger Network (HBN) is comprised of over 3,000 of the web's best health writers, including doctors, patient experts and people pursuing healthy living.

    For more information about joining, please visit http://www.wellsphere.com/health-blogger or email me at hua [at] wellsphere [dot] com.

    Best,
    Hua
    Director of Blogger Networks

    ReplyDelete
  23. Such a beautiful locket... such a beautiful friend for thinking of you and Hope.

    xo

    ReplyDelete
  24. this is so, so lovely. are there photos on both sides of the locket? what a lovely, thoughtful gift.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by.

 
Design by Small Bird Studios | All Rights Reserved