Friday, October 15, 2010

One hundred and fifty-seven










I thought of the heartbroken families left behind with each candle I lit.

I had 157 to light, so that is a lot of missing babies, and it doesn't even begin to scratch the surface of all the pain out there.

We had rain, wind and icy spring temperatures to contend with, some stubborn candles that just wouldn't light, not to mention a baby who needed to go to bed but we got there in the end.

It felt good to do this and it was sad to blow the candles out. Not nearly as sad as what we all live with every day though.

Remembering lost babies all over the world today, along with my Hope, with much love.

(And if you want to hear the names aloud of many of the babies represented in these candles today, please visit the lovely Jess).

Sally

30 comments:

  1. The beautiful lights took my breath away. Thank you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It looks absolutely beautiful and amazing. Well done. And Thankyou.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, lovely Sal, just lovely.

    xxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow, so many. The candles are beautiful. Thank you!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful! I've been really moved today by jess's voice, and then by these beautiful candles. Thank you x

    ReplyDelete
  6. So, so beautiful. Must have looked even more breathtaking in person. Thank you.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Absolutely amazing Sally - beautiful. What a wonderful way to remember lost little ones.

    And as an aside, so good to hear your "voice" again. I think often of you and your Angus :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. That's a lot of lights :( Very beautiful though xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. Stunning photographs, Sally. Sending love x

    ReplyDelete
  10. Thanks! Such a nice thing you have done.

    ReplyDelete
  11. 157 too many...
    those photos are surreal.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Beautiful Sally! I would give you a hug and a kiss if you were closer! Thank you for being so thoughtful!

    ReplyDelete
  13. thats amazing, what a sad but lovely picture it makes, thinking of your little hope and sending you love xxx

    ReplyDelete
  14. Oh my, Sal, this is breathtaking. Thank you for remembering our babies with such love. Love you so much!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Oh my, Sal, this is breathtaking. Thank you for remembering our babies with such love. Love you so much!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Thank you Sally. Remembering with you.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Oh Sally, those pictures of light are stunning: sad and amazingly beautiful all at once. Thank you for doing something so special for all our babies ... I'm crying again. I've done that a lot this week.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Absolutely breathtaking Sally. What a beautiful tribute....
    love and grace- Leslie

    ReplyDelete
  19. Wow, what a beautiful but sad picture.

    xo

    ReplyDelete
  20. Wow, Sally the photos are breathtaking. Well done and thank you so much for honouring and remembering our babies.

    ReplyDelete
  21. Beautiful! Brought tears to my eyes!

    ReplyDelete
  22. This is beautiful! Thinking of all the babies today and always

    ReplyDelete
  23. They are sad. But, oh so beautiful. <3

    ReplyDelete
  24. Beautiful!

    I am beating myself up. This would have been my first Oct. 15th...had I known about it. I must live under a rock or not read clearly enough. I didn't realize until the next day-- ironic...
    I feel like not only did my body fail my baby...but now I failed my baby by not honoring this day and our baby's memory.

    Thank you for what you did. It was beautiful and peaceful and proud.
    Next year I will know.

    ReplyDelete
  25. what a beautiful way to honor those babies. thank you for sharing. xxoo

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by.

 
Design by Small Bird Studios | All Rights Reserved